About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

this scares me

I loved Batman Begins.
Now, i wasn't one of those people that hated the earlier Batman movies. Batman and Robin was bad, but the others were at least moderately entertaining. However, i did love the dark-realism treatment of the Dark Knight's story that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale brought to life.

But i'm not super excited about the new photos Warner Brothers just released for the next iteration of Batman movies.

The new suit looks good. Not that different. Very cool.

The new bike...not so much...looks goofy.

The shot they released of Heath Ledger as the Joker disturbs me though. As in: i think i'm going to have nightmares tonight. I am sure that's what they are going for, but this may be over-the-edge-dark if they follow through on what this shot looks like.

I'll of course wait to see trailers and such to decide if it goes on my list, but as of right now, i'm only about 50/50 on it.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Blegh.

Personally, I would rather them skip the villains that were covered in previous movies. I loved that in Batman Begins -- Ra's Al Ghul was part of Batman canon, but someone we hadn't seen in the other movies.

Plus, if the Joker really is going to look like that picture, I don't think I can stomach a whole movie of him.

jc said...

well I am sorry that I can not echoe either of your settiments.

I for 1 love the new Batman, the darkness Bale brings to the dark knight is amazing, best BB ever. And Begins was the best BB movie to date. When I heard they cast him in Begins I was very excited as he was great in American Psycho and hoped he would bring some darkness to BB, as it was needed.

As for the Joker, I am cool with them doing this character again, as its been to kiddy/cheesy in the past. I for 1 can not wait.

pics of the new Joker:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/DeFett/DeFett-Joker-1.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/cyberlink2/first_pic_of_heath-joker.jpg

Unknown said...

Don't get me wrong. I think Batman Begins was awesome. Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan did an amazing job with the character. I look forward to that being continued (more for more Gary Oldman!).

I'm just nervous they are going to turn this into a horror flick. We saw a little of that with the Scarecrow last time, but it was a small portion of the movie that spent most of the time explaining how he became Batman. If this movie is two straight hours of that...not as much my bag.

And i still think the new bike looks dumb.

Michael Hickerson said...

Well, you do have to remember that the Nolan take on the Batman series it to make it a bit more real and less cartoonish. And no matter what you can say about how good Nicholson's performance as the Joker was in original, it was a bit cartoonish.

Also, I've heard conflicting stories on if these are authentic photos or not. I've been keeping up with Dark Knight news for Slice of SciFi and I think these may not be the final look for the new Joker.

and you have to admit--the movie is going to have some sequences filmed with IMAX technology.....that is going to be awesome!

Unknown said...

Michael...you don't want to know what i think of IMAX. I've had more than one horrible experience there.

"IMAX technology" just means 70mm old-school film and over-sized sound and screen when viewing it.

When IMAX goes pure digital and learns to balance their sound systems, i'll give them another try.

Anonymous said...

paul, I disagree with your comments about IMAX. The IMAX we have here is not a "true" IMAX screen. I agree with you statement based on the IMAX here at Opry Mills, I have yet to be 'wowed' by it. Check out this link, I used to live in Portland and went to IMAX there several times, now that theater will knock your socks off.
http://www.omsi.edu/visit/omnimax/specs.cfm