About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Friday, July 20, 2007

i am now stuck in 1996

Most of my co-workers that sit on the row of cubes with me discovered last week that you can set a sound file to play when you get an email. Apparently they all missed out on this when "You've Got Mail" was the standard in the mid-nineties.

So i am now repeatedly (and i mean over and over) bombarded with "You've got mail, baby, yeah!" from Austin Powers, "There is a message for you" by HAL, and "Message for you sir!" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I also just overheard someone saying someone might need to enable "micros" to correctly view an Excel spreadsheet they were being sent.

Kill me now.

5 comments:

jc said...

Yeah I would flip out if everyone around me did that.

funny how we work in the "tech industry" yet the fools we work with seem to be clueless at best, at time.

"Micros" that is a good 1. But try topping "what is a CPU?" if you can, I will buy you a snickers my friend. It has to be from someone at work, not a customer.

jc said...

ps, i will be by on Monday say 10:30, got con calls all morning that is my earliest opening.

to "kill you"

Casey Fleser said...

Phhpt. This is 2007. I'm sure my cube sounds like an aviary with all the Tweets coming in on Twitterrific

Anonymous said...

I think micros are very, very small macros.

Um.

Or not.

Matt Evans said...

Heh, the coffee cup holder on my pc is broken. Can you help?