About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Monday, July 16, 2007

predators sign more players

The Forechecker just pointed me to the Tennessean article with good news: The Predators just resigned Zanon, Klein, and Hordichuck.

I left a long comment on his post, and here it is - my thoughts on the signings:

I love getting Zanon back.
Klein will be a big part too.

Hordichuck - that one's for the fans. He's a duplicate player with Tootoo, really doesn't add anything to the team besides a great personality and a radio show - which is why he was signed.

Zanon will be huge though. He is a bargain, but i'd have paid him 50% more than that if that's what it took. He is a defenders defender and a big part of our penalty kill (which is going to get even more work this year).

I think it will be really interesting to see who else we pick up with the few extra million left to hit the cap floor. Probably waiting to see who he can grab coming out of arbitration (like JP Dumont previously). My only question about that is that though those players are solid, they are not the 'bargain' players. By the nature of the arbitration/UFA process, they are usually paid on the high-side of what they are worth.

I agree, we're slightly more balanced this year, and most importantly a playoff team.
Reminder: The big rally for the Preds is this Thursday! Be there!

No comments: