About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

eye ken reed gude

For those that don't know, my wonderful wife is an editor. But for some reason, i think this bothered me more than her...

Backstory: There used to be a cheap "discount tobacco" store at the intersection of Porter and Greenwood (across from Family Wash) not too far from our house. Not to long ago new ownership bought the building and kicked them out (yay!). New, better businesses were promised. Then came the news that another smoke shop was coming in, but it would be a high-class smoke and liquor store, not a trashy one. I would actually welcome that...we don't drink, but i know many respectable people that do, and I don't envy them having to go into trashy liquor stores to buy their wine for dinner.

However, shortly there after a cheap banner went up on the still-vacant building reading "Smoke Depot, Now Open". About 2 months later, after a coat of bright yellow paint (that matches the mailer below), the store actually did open. It looks worse than what was there before.

Then, earlier this week, we got this mailer delivered to us. I expected that it was just put in our mailbox illegally (non-postage) since they are just down the street, but no, it was actually mailed from Murfreesboro, TN.

Just give yourself a minute to study this "flayer".
I count 26 flagrant spelling or punctuation errors alone - not counting bad formatting, non-centered heading, tacky graphics, etc.

I would give it to my mom to use in her classroom as a lesson on why it is important to be literate, but i'm not sure that the content is appropriate.

No comments: