About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

what makes baseball great

So, baseball is a fun sport. I used to like playing, and probably still would if i tried. It's a great American past-time (i don't say "the" American past-time because i think we are too fragmented to agree on anything like that anymore).

The things that makes baseball so great to play, for someone at any age, are:

  1. Baseball is very simple and easy to pick up
  2. It is fairly flexible in the equipment and area needed to play
  3. The game is not very physically demanding
Let's face it, you can play with almost anything, almost anywhere, and the game involves alot of standing around. Of course this last point gives it a huge advantage to making it popular in America. The less physically active you have to be and still be able to call yourself an athelete, the better. I think that's why golf, nascar, and poker have become so popular lately. You can be out of shape and overweight and still have a chance of getting on ESPN. They are also games you can spectate while eating or, more importantly, drinking and have a very slim chance of missing anything important.

The point here for me: the very things that make it a great game for someone like me to play, make it something i dont want to sit around and pay someone else to do in my place.

I think this is why football is the number one spectator sport in the US right now. It is exciting and physical, but with the time in between plays, it still offers a good opportunity to talk, eat, and get drunk.

No comments: