About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Nobody Likes Nashville

I'd never even heard of it, but apparently Fox's new semi-reality-ish-drama Nashville was a total flop last night. It failed to beat out stiff competition like re-runs of Americas Funniest Home Videos in its time slot, and dropped half of its lead-in audience (behind Are You Smarter Than A 5th-Grader) right off. By the half-way point, it has lost another 15% of the poor souls that started watching it.

Now, as someone who is sooooo tired of defending Nashville as a pretty awesome place to hockey 'fans' who keep saying we don't 'deserve'... I want Nashville to look good and get press on a bigger stage. But from watching about 45 seconds of the clips they put on the website for the show, i think this show getting canceled will be a good thing all around. Even the discussion groups on the official site (with headlines on the front page read: "Not a good show for Nashville" and "Real real real bad-yuck".

Yikes.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm embarrassed to say I sorta watched it (the TV was on in the background while we packed to leave FL) and yea, it sucked. Lots of whining and flirting and not much musical talent.

jc said...

Well the fact that it wasnt promoted at all couldnt help. I only saw a quick commercial for it and was like "um they are doing a reality show in Nashville? Never heard of it"

Strange that we live here but we hadnt heard a thing about it while they were filming? Glad I didnt waste my time with it.

Amy Jones said...

I'm blogging in response to this. I feel the need to rant about (cough) K-ville.