I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

pictures, lots of pictures

I haven't blogged on pictures in a while, but for those who have been following my Flickr site, i have been posting a TON (several hundred in the last couple of weeks, actually).

I certainly wouldn't expect most (if any) of my loyal throng of readers (i think i'm up to 4 or 5 now if my mom has been able to "make my blog work").

So, here is a quick summary of what i think are the better and more interesting pictures, as well as the stories behind some of them. (for all of these pictures, just click to see the full view on my Flickr page)

First is a series of pictures taken with long exposure times. Basically the "shutter" (it is a digital camera, so no real shutter) is open for a full 15 seconds. The result is brilliant lights, colors, etc, as well as streaks/stretches anything that moves.


One of the down sides to the long shutter time is that if the camera doesn't stay perfectly still, it totally blurs the image. Sometimes the results are kinda cool though. I've started doing it on purpose occasionally:


Of course, many of the hundreds of pictures i have posted recently have been of hockey related since we've been going to so many games.

Here are some pictures i was able to grab of a tradition that i have noticed that i think is really cool and i doubt most people have seen. Many teams in the NHL just have a bucket of pucks they pour on the ice for free skate (warm ups). Others (like the sharks) have a guy throw them all out on the ice. However, the Predators have someone meticulously stack them in a pyramid shape on the edge of the boards by the tunnel. Then when Vokoun comes out (he almost always leads the team out the tunnel) he knocks them off on to the ice.

Anyway, that's it for now.
Many more on my Flickr site, and i'm sure i'll post more soon.

No comments: