About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

random geek and game stuff

Let's get this out of the way first: I'm going to the game tonight, can't wait for real hockey to get going, and i'm pumped! (thanks to my parents for spotting us tickets for opening night!)

Now... to this post.

Lots of random linky-ness and cool techie stuff.

Many awesome new products at ThinkGeek including the famous/infamous 8-bit tie that was originally an April Fools prank on the site, a maternity "geek inside" shirt, a new bag that you don't want to try to use as a carry-on for your next flight, and a collection of funny bumperstickers, including my new favorite cross between on religious and geek bumperstickers. Last but not least - the natural evolution of mini remote control helicopters: weaponized mini remote helicopters. Unfortunately still no sign of a KeepOn.

In other geeky news: There is now at least some sketchy 'scientific' proof that my wife's new-found gamerness has real-world upside.

And in other gamer news: More announcements of tracks for Guitar Hero 3.
While i couldn't care less about Slash or the other "legends of rock" that are supposed to be bosses in the game, i am really looking forward to playing many of these songs. Here's the list of the ones that have me chompin' at the bit.

  • La Grange -- ZZ Top
  • My Name Is Jonas -- Weezer
  • Paint It, Black -- The Rolling Stones
  • Sunshine of Your Love -- Cream
  • Cliffs of Dover -- Eric Johnson
  • Black Magic Woman -- Santana
  • Pride and Joy -- Stevie Ray Vaughn
  • Bulls on Parade -- Rage Against the Machine
  • Devil Went Down to Georgia -- Charlie Daniels Band
  • Hit Me with Your Best Shot -- Pat Benetar
  • Barracuda – Heart
  • Cult of Personality -- Living Colour
  • Mississippi Queen -- Mountain
  • Slow Ride -- Foghat
And ok, ok...in the interest of equal time, here the list of songs i'm dying to play in Rock Band.
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go – The Clash
  • Here It Goes Again – OK Go
  • Learn to Fly – Foo Fighters
  • Say It Ain't So – Weezer
  • I Think I'm Paranoid – Garbage
  • Suffragette City – David Bowie
  • Main Offender – The Hives
  • Blitzkrieg Bop – Ramones
  • Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
  • (Don't Fear) The Reaper – Blue Öyster Cult
  • Brainpower – Freezepop
  • Creep – Radiohead
  • Enter Sandman – Metallica
  • Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
  • In Bloom – Nirvana
  • Mississippi Queen – Mountain
  • Tom Sawyer – Rush
  • Won't Get Fooled Again – The Who
Of course in addition to all of those, entire albums will be made available for download/purchase after release, including The Who's Who's Next and Nirvana's Nevermind.

And yes, those of you that know me know i can't stand Rush, but i have to admit it is going to be fun to play Tom Sawyer, especially if i can mute to vocal track. I particularly look forward to seeing how they do the drum part for "Learn to Fly" by the Foo Fighters. That, plus "Everlong" were tracks i used specifically used to work up my chops when i was drumming more. Higher levels there are going to be tough!

No comments: