I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Preds Win Game 3 (and more)

"Breaking News" - not only did the Preds win game 3 tonight, but the Metro Council finally has the new lease out of committee and looks ready to vote on it today (tomorrow...er...Tuesday the 15th). Good timing!

I'll leave it to those smarter than me to dissect the game fully (or you can just watch highlights below). Sufficed to say, Trotz made adjustments, something he hasn't done well in the past. The adjustments in lines and match-ups freed our players to do what they needed to do, and they got the job done.

You will also hear much regarding the crowd tonight. Once again, there were several long standing ovations, and the final 3-4 minutes was probably the loudest i've ever experienced at a sporting event of any kind (and i've been to San Antonio Spurs games in the NBA Finals, etc). I'm not going to say it was the loudest ever in history...but it was pretty nuts. To put it in perspective, i'm a drummer, and i was afraid of having some serious hearing damage.

Major kudos to the arena crew once again for knowing when to let the crowd go. There was more than one time that the crowd started a "Lets Go Predators" or other chant and the arena crew quickly muted the techno or whatever music they were playing in favor of letting the crowd feed off the natural hype. They also finally traded the commonly used red lights during pre-game for blue and yellow (gold) ones. You'd think this was a no-brainer, but it hasn't always been. These 'little things' did not go unappreciated!

I'm also uploading all the pictures that Christy took at tonights game. She's been grabbing better shots than me lately, so i'm letting her have the camera from here on out i think (besides, we win when she's shooting).

Of course, i took this shot during pre-game warm-ups:
They always show the pretty girls in the crowd ya know :-)


I also have to apologize to David Legwand. During warm-ups i took this picture of his skates (right), which to me showed he was clearly a decoy and not going to actually play. Thank you for proving me very wrong, Leggy.

And finally, this is now my new favorite Preds picture (that wasn't taken by me or Christy).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I could watch all 3 of those last goals on repeat over and over again all day long.

jc said...

have to say congrats, Preds showed real heart last night. All I have to say is bout frickin time. Now lets hope its not too little too late.

put in a full 60 min effort and it paid off (unlike my sharks the other night).

Good luck in game 4, give em hell.

ThatsLikeWhen said...

It was electric in there last night. Thanks for the recap!

Anonymous said...

I've been to many NHL playoff games (I grew up in STL) and a World Series game, but Monday was the most electric crowd I've ever experienced.

Let's hope the atmosphere and outcome are the same tonight.

Go Preds!!

--Jason Woody