About Me

Unknown
Nashvegas TN
VIEW MY PROFILE

Contact Me!

Call me on my GoogleVoice number: 615-823-1734

Labels

Archives

I HAVE MOVED

THIS IS NO LONGER MY BLOG
I HAVE MOVED TO
http://nicholsonrecords.com/paul
Please redirect your links!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Goodbye Brittney

I barely knew you. I had just become part of the NiT community, and now i wonder if it will continue.

(For those that don't know, WKRN's professional blogger and head of Nashville is Talking, Brittney Gilbert, just resigned)

Brittney:
I wish you all the best in whatever you do. You did a good job of being yourself and not hiding your opinions, while not attempting to silence or belittle those who disagreed (well, with few exceptions). Of course there is no small amount of irony that this, your greatest strength, is what brought you down.

Now i'm wondering if NiT will continue. With the recent changes in management at WKRN (that were badly needed - i love NiT, but WKRN...isn't...very good.) i wonder if they will see the value in hiring a blogger (hey - how much would this gig pay anyway... hum...).

On a totally selfish note, if NiT doesn't continue, where am i going to get my links from? My visits are going to tank for a while i'm sure.

I wonder if the folks over at MetroBlogging will kinda take over as the hang out of choice for Nashville bloggers. There are a few people that frequent both (Chris Wage, Kate O, etc). I certainly hope so. My employer blocks NiT (i pull and RSS feed through Google to read, but can't comment) but doesn't block MetroBlogging.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Metroblogging is not staffed by blogging professionals, nor are we positioned the same way Brittney/NIT is/was. I don't think MB could possibly replace NIT.

Unknown said...

I understand they are fundamentally different, but if not MetroB, then who/what?