Very happy to hear that the "Cupcake" update is apparently being rolled out to G1 users at last. This will finally, really make my G1 the phone i wanted it to be.
Here's the quick list of features i'm looking forward to most:
- Support for A2DP & AVRCP Bluetooth profiles (Stereo!)
- Video recording (with better YouTube account integration)
- Soft (onscreen) keyboard
- Open Applications by Voice Command
- "Significant" bug fixes in email checking, especially POP3 and IMAP
- New menu option to list running processes
- Updated WebKit browser core (way faster!)
- Copy / paste is enabled in the browser
- Find is enabled in the browser (for searching within a page)
- Save attachments from MMS
Another cool addition to the Cupcake build of Android that doesn't affect my G1: It now supports x86, which if i read it right, means i can load Android on my PC if i want to.
UPDATE: Maybe it's coming, maybe it isn't. T-Mobile USA won't confirm or deny it yet, but said an announcement is forthcoming.
UPDATE 2: Confirmed. Rollout starts the weekend of May 9th and will be complete by the end of May.